Lamb Rump Encrusted with Green Peppercorns
This delicious lamb recipe is recommended to go with the darker fruit characters of blackberries and plums in the Swinging Bridge 2008 Shiraz.
- 6 x lamp rumps
- 4tbsp Dijon mustard
- 10gm green peppercorns
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp dry breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10gm salt flakes
- Trim lamb, leaving a small amount of fat to keep lamb moist.
- Put through blender, all crust ingredients until a sandy texture.
- Heat roasting pan with oil, seal presentation side first. (One minute on each side)
- Take lamb off heat. Brush presentation side with Dijon mustard and roll in crust mixture
- Roast in oven with presentation side facing up.
- Serving suggestion is medium (around 10 minutes) at 220 Degrees C
- Let meat rest for 3 minutes. Slice and serve with roasted vegetables