Warm Asian Salad of Cowra Lamb
The Quarry Restaurant - chef Paul Loveridge
Just 5km south of Cowra on the Boorowa Road to Canberra, The Quarry shows the finest wines from the Cowra Region and introduces you to many new labels now coming on line and which have restricted commercial access. Enjoy the outside atmosphere of the garden courtyard under shaded gum trees and beautiful gardens with Cowra’s finest food and wine. Chef Paul Loveridge is renowned in the region for his innovative use of fresh & delicious local produce – a winning partnership that earned The Quarry 3 stars in Mietta’s Best Restaurant Guide.
Serve with Swinging Bridge 2010 Rosé
- Quarry Warm Lamb Salad
- 2 Racks of lamb (6 cutlets each) well trimmed
- 2 bunch green asparagus
- 1 tbl fresh coriander
- 100gm semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 300gm loose lettuce leaves
- Poaching Liquid
- 2 cups good quality beef stock
- 1/3 cup Soy sauce
- 2 tbl sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbl tomato paste
- 1 tbl chopped coriander
- 1 tbl chopped lemongrass
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Bake lamb racks in a hot oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, cover with foil & keep warm.
- Combine all poaching liquid ingredients in a large skillet, stir to combine and bring to the boil. Then reduce to a simmer.
- Cut the lamb into individual cutlets and gently poach for 10 minutes with the asparagus.
- While lamb is poaching, make up 4 plates of mixed lettuce, sprinkle with fresh coriander.
- Place drained asparagus and 3 lamb cutlets on top of the salad and spoon poaching liquid over as a dressing.
- Garnish with semi-dried tomatoes and thinly sliced red onion.